Saturday, February 18, 2012

spontaneous magic

Got a sticker to prove it ya'll! It was kind of bittersweet in that I was running errands and saw that the place was open so we can vote on Saturday and all. My friend is the new runner of the whole thing and I must say I was impressed. She told me about sending ballots by mail to my parents and that they seemed satisfied with that. My one vote was a very weak attempt to say hell no to Santorum and all that conservative chat that my parents voted for. Lest we not forget, my fav was a senator from Texas who delivered babies and did pap smears for about fifty years before he started speaking out on the state of our union. Considering that state's proximity to the Mexican border, I'd say he probably knows what he's talking about. The "war on drugs" will never be won until we focus on something other than punishment. It keeps a lot of people in a paycheck, just saying.

I noticed while I was in town that perfectly good concrete was being ripped up and replaced with new stuff to pad the pockets of local contractors, via grant money. The period lighting will be next so that we can see our way around the downtown 'burg at night. Not that anybody's there but the cops and fire department. All the activity is up north of here where the big ass highway leads to hamburger row. I kid you not, there is an extension of Lake road right up to the front door of what used to be Colonial Rubber. There's been a merger or two since all that.

The book is still unwritten and I just can't focus long enough to get that done. There's some kind of mystery illness going around that attacks the upper respiratory system with a vengeance and the old lymph nodes are swollen so there ya' go. Faith is getting ready to make a nest and deliver these puppies so we've got to round up a big box and some newspapers. Or paper towels, whatever works. KY cuzin says not to hover and I'm all about that. If she needs me, I'm there. Otherwise she's on her own mission.

True confessions: I watched Whitney's funeral and loved the choir. The girls were fanning even before Al Sharpton got there, late as usual. I was particularly touched by KC's mutual church memories. Everybody starts believing somewhere and it is a parent's responsibility to do that, not that of the government. Church and state....separation. See the original document.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment