Tuesday, February 21, 2012

listen to the wind

A row of pine trees stands tall on the northwest edge of my yard, blocking the worst of the wintry blasts that come up over toward this old house. The window frames facing that direction are rotted from years of abusive weather, and the glass is dingy from years of not being opened and cleaned. They go up and down on pullies with ropes, I kid you not. The ten thousand dollar floors are mostly clean if not spotless, and the laundry is caught up. Junior came for a visit with BG today and he's a walking tornado but all in all, it's not too bad. Trust me, I've seen MUCH worse.

That leaves me with more time to sit and listen to the end of winter blowing through those pines, bringing spring and new life. I can hear frogs most anytime of the day now and that is another reassurance that this winter-to-be-thankful-for is almost over. Sure, there may be snow on Easter, but it'll be gone by noon. As a child, I always got a new dress to wear to church and sometimes hats and purses to match. Ya'll would just die to see the outfits we dressed up in for our unhappy sibling portraits. We were loved, and cute and didn't have a care in the world.

I had a brainstorm for a product the other day and have enlisted a friend to help with the woodworking part of the deal. I would more than likely shoot my eye out with a power saw plus use a few fingers. Mechanical, I am not. I think I'm a tough enough woman just because I can boost off a car and put air in a tire, umkay? My poor ex used to say I was the roughest bitch on a lawnmower he had ever seen! And of course everybody knows...it's a sorry man that won't keep his wife in a good one.

The days are longer which makes a big difference in mood, particularly when the sun is out. Vitamin D babayy! We're still on maternity watch with Faith and she's pantin' a whole lot so bless her heart, and ours too. I think it's kinda cool that we will be her midwives together after adopting her all those years ago straight out of a ditch at Miss Rhonda's. That was before her ex had Big Mama picked up and killed, but that's a whole 'nother story.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment