Sunday, February 19, 2012

burning questions

I actually bought a newspaper today because we're on puppy watch and have to get the maternity bed ready. KY cousin says that she'll know what to do if we provide backup and support. I must say, nothing much bothers us in that department. I've slept through a cat having kittens on MY bed while I was in it asleep. Never even heard a meow! She is sacked out in BG's room by the heater, both of them snoozing. The boys are on my bed having a nap. The sun is out and a cold north wind is blowing. And, believe it or not, there are people playing golf right on the other side of our free range horse. I totally could not make all that up.

It's a three day weekend for some people and I have never really understood what honoring our forefathers has to do with selling cars and electronics, particularly when so many of them are made by outsourced labor that could be giving folks some work to do here. From where I sit now, I can honestly say that the unionization of American workers, particularly in the automotive business, has been bad for average Joe. That's why that went the way it did. The bailouts were a chance for them to regroup and try something different. Dirty Mike is about the only one selling anything good and that's just because he's so dayum cute.
So, how the hell did Lorne Michaels get O'Reilly up in there? That was just about the funniest thing I've ever seen. Dude was speechless.

And so it goes. Happy president's day ya'll...most especially to my schoolteacher friends like Marti Ann. I'll wear some beads in all of our honors tomorrow to celebrate the lustful ways that are carnival.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment