Thursday, February 16, 2012

mush for brains

The farmer in me doesn't take well to extended periods of freezing and or hot as hell weather of which we have plenty around here. Following mother nature's two week spring tease, we've been back in the gray tunnel again for three days. Today was warm enough to walk the yard once just to see what's up. Not much, but no damage either. Mrs. Council, the former lady of this house, planted lots of clusters of things everywhere and I've added to them over the years. It's always a cool treat to brush back the leaves and see that new part of the growth cycle.

Okay. In my best Gilda Radner voice I must ask "What's all this I hear about the flag flying half-staff in Houston?" For the record, that part I could have lived without. To me as an American it is reserved for government and military enlistees, with an occasional freedom fighter thrown in. This overkill has got people really riled up and I understand why. I just don't have the energy to waste on something I can't even begin to fix. It is what it is. Tomorrow the sun will come up and many more of our veterans will return to fight the fights that cannot be won because the battles are thousands of years old and we weren't included in that deal. To every veteran of every conflict that has served our country, I stand and salute. The disability rate among current returning vets is astronomical because of the sheer terror of the field that was theirs. My friend Michelle didn't sleep the entire year her son was in the sand.

So that being said, I've gotta share that I do think Whitney is one of the greatest talents of our time. Because she was an addict doesn't change that fact...it just cut short a life that had a lot left in it. She chose not to go forward. Her decision. Seeing her downfall, and that of Michael Jackson and a lot of others, is not really the kind of "role model" a lot of parents want their kids to have. But then again, it is a good life lesson in the value of facing your demons and working through the pain. Just a thought.

By some great karmic twist, my favorite series is being replayed episode by episode IN ORDER, no less. Even better the second time around! Then of course there's Chelsea and her fools. I was laughing so hard yesterday BG kicked me out of her room!!

Ladies night. Ya'll shake a leg ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment