Thursday, February 2, 2012

blessed to the max

Growing up in a small southern town was a real trip for a hippie wanna-be like me. Two of the most awkward moments of my life were my decision(s) not to join the high school sorority of which my sweet mother was president back in the day. Trust me..we've got pictures. My poor mama drove me and a bunch of other barefoot rebels to the Coliseum in Memphis to see Jimi Hendrix, Purple Haze and all that. BG is still mad because we haven't been to a concert together. Or seen One for the Money. She hooked us up with a lunch date next week for chinese with Ms. Faye. We are all in this thing together, bless our hearts.

Ya'll should see this gorgeous orange and blue smishsmash of a sunset from the hill. I may be a smartass and a rebel but I never take it for granted no matter where I am. When I'm already in jammies and listening to Willie and Norah I won't complain about the state of our union. Hat tip to Ruby, by the way.

TGIT ^j^

1 comment:

  1. I'm here reading, just don't always leave a comment. Sunsets lately seem to be so colorful. Makes me smile.
    Hugs and prayers

    ReplyDelete