Tuesday, August 11, 2009

poopieconomics

I've been in one of those moods....where you just want to crawl in the hole and cover yourself up with dirt to save 'em the trouble of singing hymns graveside. It's been a mighty long time since I've felt like this and so I'm stumped with how to handle it other than trudge on through the quicksand with one eye out for rainbows. After tossing and turning and wiggling toes all night I overslept and got a call ten minutes AFTER I was due at work. *sigh* Heckuva a way to start the day. At least it wasn't Monday.

Going on the assumption that there's just some sort of evil star crossed karma going on in my horoscope, I've been counting blessings since my feet hit the floor. Yesterday afternoon BG and I sat at the kitchen table staring at each other in disbelief that life has gotten so damned complicated after we've managed to keep our heads above water this far along in the race. We ended up giggling and snorting like idiots over one of her clients throwing grandma in the grave in a body bag, so you know we were demented.

I've been busy negotiating with creditors trying to figure a way out of this mess some way other than turning tricks down on town square and pimping out the dogs. Most of them are eager to keep a loyal customer so they're willing to give some grace on due dates. It's sort of like working a puzzle figuring out who to rob to keep this or that going so some non-essentials are biting the dust. Like home phone service, for example. The only folks who have called the land line within the last year or so are family and very close friends and they know the other one is in my pocket at all times. Why pay for a service does nothing but cause you to get up and take off running to find the handset. Poof. Gone. The next item on the list to slash was the yardmowing crew. Travis, bless his heart, offered to run me a tab from here to next summer and I could "pay him when things are better." It was tempting but, hey. As long as I don't step on a snake out there, I can deal with it. I get one more turn out of the deal and I hope they shave it down to the dirt.

There's not much else to cut. We already shop at the Dollar General and eat viennas. Therefore, my utmost desire is for all you potential Sugardaddies out there to line up with your completed applications and allow me to choose the lucky one. As long as there's not bag-over-the-head required and you've got a good sense of humor, you're in the game.

Keep the faith kids. ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment