Sunday, August 23, 2009

learning to be still

This little recovery period from surgery has been very good in more ways than just pain relief. I've slept at least ten hours every single night and spent the rest of the time resting and piddling. Since the weather turned off nice, the front porch has been a favorite spot. The dogs love it when I sit out there and watch them play. Right now? They're all piled up on the couch having a siesta. Anna and Conner came out for a party on the porch yesterday afternoon. He picked flowers for the centerpiece and fed the dogs our snacks and by golly, his bug juice fit just right into that coozie. Good times.

BG's dad is out of the hospital and doing okay, but she was mighty worried about him, and rightfully so. His cardiac and blood pressure histories are pretty scary for a guy without health insurance. The one good thing that came of it is that they applied for TennCare for him at the hospital. If anybody ever deserved that help, he does. Contract laborers make up a large portion of the workforce and they don't usually get benefits.

Fast forward to today and I find a visitor coming up Pecan Lane to sit on the porch. That, my friends, is always a good thing. Pain and sorrow shared is much easier to handle than dealing with all of it alone.

^j^

I still haven't read a book as I'd planned, but that's okay. Once the hand heals so I can prop on it while I read...I'll be in business for the winter. I'm also sifting through boxes and files of papers organizing things for the cookbook. As a procrastinating fool, I've vowed to make that a reality while my mom is still here to get the kudos. Too late for a Christmas roll-out....maybe Mother's Day :)

If ya'll need me I'll be on the porch.

Keep the faith ^j^

2 comments:

  1. I miss the front porch at the farm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want the 1st one printed...I've been begging for another cookbook of hers for years! Love to all!

    ReplyDelete