Tuesday, August 4, 2009

the devil goes down to dyersburg

Sunday evening there was a shooting here in the 'burg. From what I can piece together, there were allegations by a teenager that her father was molesting her. Child services placed her in protective custody with old friends of her father who lived on the same street. Only Big Ernie knows what set her father off, but he climbed the water tower, so to speak, and started picking folks off with a gun. His friend and ex-business partner was first...shot dead in the yard. He also killed his own daughter and nailed the friend's wife but she survived. Then he proceeded to off himself out in a nearby field. Three people dead. Four children without fathers in a blink of an eye. Don't tell me Satan didn't have something to do with that.

I have done business with the innocent guy who was killed for about a year now and he has always been kind and true and helpful to this overworked underpaid single gal with a wagon load of financial problems. I just had to drive by his office today and see the black ribbon hanging on the front door to believe that it was all true. That kind of evil sends a chill up my spine.

I think it's the randomness of the violence that shook me most. There is no predictive index or gaussian curve that can protect us from that sort of anger induced rage. I reckon there's a plan up in there somewhere. Not sure of what good could come of killing people but I don't know much about worldly things.

Most of what I know is about faith in the future.

^j^

1 comment:

  1. wow, that's horrible. It is so sad when innocents have to die because of one person's insanity.

    Hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete