Sunday, August 30, 2009

mortified and southern fried

Listen ya'll. Mama would just lay down and die a slow southern belle's death if she knew how dirty my old Camry is. That was corrected today with a good dose of well water and elbow grease. Plus the sponge mop for hard to reach locations like the roof. I may be short, but I ain't a dummy.

My wrist is on the mend thanks to Dr. Barton and a good dose of non-compliance by the patient. The bandages are off....let the healing begin. Praise the Lord and pass the peroxide! I could have milked this one for at least a month, boss. Don't you just LOVE a team player?

It's been a family sort of weekend which is exactly what I needed since things are changing with the dynamics of this whole deal. BG and I helped mom empty out the china cabinet so the carpenter could get in there and make the breaker box more accessible. She told us where every piece came from and we got permission to stop by the cabin and pick up a few more things that are pertinent to the history of this farm.

A cool front moved through and kicked the humidity's ass on over toward the east coast so the windows are wide open. I'll pay for it tomorrow, so ya'll remind me to take a benadryl before bed. Normally, this would be labor day weekend but the calendar is all messed up this year so my birthday is the SECOND week of September. Gah. Can't a girl get a break here and there?

More later. Hug somebody like you mean it ^j^

1 comment:

  1. Just a note to say I dropped by. I do almost every day if I can.
    Hugs and prayers. Glad to hear you are getting better.

    ReplyDelete