Saturday, August 22, 2009

graveside rites

Me and Yaya and her crew met up at the skateboard park this morning to break in line caravan over to the cemetary for Mama Jean's funeral. I couldn't find the tent and she called just in the nick of time to save me from being unfashionably early. Thanks the lord it wasn't 100+ like it usually is in late August. Carney and Yaya rode up front and I slipped into the back seat with JC and Ian. The bible got passed around from hand to hand which is not a bad way to enter whatever that paradise is called when you don't get stuck in purgatory. Oh, yeah. Heaven.

I eased toward the mailbox when I got home and found a card from Harrisbug, PA. All's I can say is that I took a deep breath and said "thank you lord" for people who care enough to make a difference, one day at a time. That's how I try to live my own life and it's kind of a faith thing when somebody else joins the circle and holds my hand.

Ya'll keep the faith ^j^

2 comments:

  1. You are a sweetheart. I am not sure what that post was about, but I am glad you are feeling blessed.
    I have a new idea about the quilt. Would you like a rag quilt? I can incorporate the tee shirts, batting and backing all at the same time, and you won't have to finish it when it comes back to you. . .
    The only cost I can see is the quilt backing fabric (depending on the size you want, about 5 yards), batting if you want it, and the iron-on stabilizer that has to be used to stabilize the knit fabric (tee shirts)
    Hope your surgery is healing quickly.
    xxoo
    ~a

    ReplyDelete