Monday, November 6, 2023

if there is a silver lining

And the car saga continues.  I finally got it back today after borrowing and spending $707 more dollars on top of the deductible.  When it was sent to another shop for alignment they found that a bearing and tie rod needed to be replaced.  Like bad.  Like SO bad it had to have a new axle too.  I got the news this morning early and the axle report came later in the day.  I was pretty puzzled how all that damage was done ( not from the wreck BTW ) and I didn't have a clue.  All I can figure is that the wreck that didn't kill me but made me weaker was a blessing in disguise.  With that kind of damage to the front end, I could have been driving to Jackson or even to Kroger and the wheel could have gone flying. I am such a Pollyanna I have to believe that.  Meanwhile, the trucker who hit me got something that cost 18K for his rig.  I have these insurance people on speed dial.  

My last day in the rental was spent with my dear friend running errands and sharing a Reuben from Arby's.  We have settled into an easy routine where I know what to do when without much direction.  This was her first outing to the grocery store in a long time.  Next time we'll make a list before we go.  

I am pretty weary with life right now.  It seems that the hits just keep on coming and though I try to roll with it, it's hard to suck it up and put on a happy face.  The time change has really done a number on me this year.  Thinking that it was just me, the guy who drove me from the shop to the rental place said it was affecting him too.  And he's a young 'un.  Nobody ever said life was easy.  It's basically hard, and then you die so grabbing the sweet stuff as it happens is the only way to keep the faith ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment