Sunday, November 5, 2023

for all the saints

Today was a very special service at FUMC for All Saints Day.  It is always very moving as bells are rung and candles lit for church members who have died the previous year.  I remember going to the service when both my parents died and hanging onto that promise of eternal life for them, and for all of us.  We talked in SS about what may be there for us after the earthly bodies are gone and it is only by faith that we know that something better is there.  There are so many questions about what happens...will I recognize my loved ones?  Is it right away or does it take a minute.  I do know from being with those who are actively dying that angels reach out to help them pass over.  Right before Mama died she raised her hand up and pointed at something.  It comforts me to think that there was somebody there waiting for her.  Probably Daddy and her parents.  Or maybe one of her friends.  

I haven't seen the girls since my car was wrecked so I'm really missing them.  If I am able, I will go next weekend and catch up.  Our little tribe has weathered a lot and the bonds are strong.  If I make it to the age of 80 I will get to see Reaves graduate from high school, Lord willing.  And if not, I will surely be beaming down from heaven at her.  

The extra hour of sleep was welcome but still things seem a bit wonky.  I have yet to change the time on the stove or car.  I'll not worry about the car because I won't have it but one more day, hopefully.  When my car was sent for an alignment following repair, they found a bearing that needed to be replaced.  Hopefully that happened and it will be added to my total to be paid in installments.  I am close to drowning here since losing my job last month.  Another one will come along to supplement my time with my adopted mother.  We ate lunch together today and had some easy conversation, which tends to be the case with us.  

There will be a huge hole in my heart when my dear friends move to Memphis next month.  They are the ones that I sit with every week at church and DD is actually the one responsible for me getting back into the congregation some years back.  Tears are welling up right now just thinking about it.  They will be back now and then but it won't be the same.  

With faith, all things are possible.  Keep it close ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment