Wednesday, November 8, 2023

doing all the things

My friend told me to shut down the ADHD shit yesterday and focus on the task at hand which was grocery shopping and figuring out how to get the trusty Escape back in my driveway.  Both of us enjoyed that white hatchback with a smooth ride and many less miles that mine.  However, I'm only at 115K and I've had her three years.  Bubba went with me to pick out the car and we test drove it down the road and back from Gene Langley.  His opinion was "if you can afford the payment, this is a good deal."  Eventually I could not, so my angel friends paid it off after they looked at the interest rate which was like ummm 24% for 5 years.  Bless you.

I noticed when I got in this morning that there was a tire pressure message so I know the way to Lake Road Amoco and Les let some air out of the new one but it still pulls to the left.  My ass will be back at B and M in the morning for somebody to take a look see.  I may be a girl, but I notice when my car ain't acting right.  Lerd!

Saturday will be Jackson day for me and my girls.  Who knows what we'll get into.  Jackson is a very cool place to live if you're not in a high crime area.  The history there is amazing including all of Lambuth and their glory.  It is now run by the University of Memphis and my dear friend is on the nursing faculty.   If i had a do-over I would be a nurse.  Same education requirements and not stuck in a big cubicle.  Hands on, so to speak.

Everything that I learned about end of life care was at that facility.  As I became more interested in the hospice philosophy, I sort of outgrew the diagnostic side and explored.  When my parents died there, it was a sign to me personally to move on.  They were both volunteers not only at the hospital but with the Lifeline Blood board of directors.  

My employment there offered an opportunity to be with other family members as well.  Memama.  Gaga.  Bill.  Aunt Nancy.  Thankfully I did not die there because I was transferred to a higher level of care.  I am still grateful for Dr. Drew Turner and what he did to save my life.  The bag gets on my nerves sometimes but I could be dead so there ya' go.  My in house ostomy nurse was amazing and trained me best as she could.  I was sent home with a catalog from Hollister and no clue how to take care of Poopie.

That came later with home health.  I was using a wound vac and trying to stay "not shitty" but there were many middle of the night calls to that staff and they always came.  It's what healthcare practitioners do.  

I am enjoying these last two days of warm temps before the cold sets in again.  I have already used 20% of the propane I bought and it's only early November.  Lerd.  As of today the air is still on.  I was out and about all morning which led me to several different places.  My first stop was at the alignment shop where one of the guys drove my car and told me "yes", in fact, it is pulling to the left.  They were backed up so the manager told me to be there at 8 in the morning to be first in line.  Will do Justin.  Will do.

Y'all keep the faith or take a leap.  God's got you ^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment