Thursday, November 16, 2023

cat on a cold tin roof

Rosie has been spending a lot of time outside lately so it doesn't surprise me when she is not in the house at wakeup time.  This morning I was on the laptop scrolling away and I kept hearing a cat meow.  Normally when she wants in she is right by the front door but I didn't see her so I went back to my business and still heard the cat.  There has been one hanging around that I haven't seen but heard so I assumed it was the ghost cat.  It kept getting louder and louder and I walked out on the porch only to find Rosie peering down at me from the front porch roof.  She would NOT jump, even though I knew she could.  I don't have a big ladder and if I did I would fall and break a hip so I pondered a few minutes before calling my neighbor Keith with an "unusual" request.  He just chuckled when I told him and came on down with the ladder.  Rosie saw all that action and the minute he reached the roof she jumped off the other side.  Little witch!  I have no clue how she got up there but now I know she can get down without help!

Oscar is still hanging in there in spite of coughing spells.  I'm medicating him which helps at night when he gets settled down and he still eats, drinks and goes for walks so the vet told me it's not time yet.  You will know when attitude and appetite go away, he said.  I just can't bear to do it when he's still right on my heels with every step I make.  He's my little road dog.

I ran a few errands and had lunch with my bestie and now am at the homestead where I love being.  I've been on the porch a lot lately soaking up the last of our gorgeous weather which is coming to an end soon.  Pecans are still not falling in a big way but they are up there just waiting for another big freeze and or wind.  I have been very stingy with the heat but the time is coming that it will have to do its' thing burning propane by the minute.  It is one week until Thanksgiving and things are looking good here on the sides department.  

Y'all hang in there and remember who you are ^j^






No comments:

Post a Comment