Thursday, November 23, 2023

dear santa

I have tried very hard to be good this year, seriously.  Sometimes I was and other times I wasn't.  The thing with me is that when I know I've done something to hurt someone else I realize it and ask for forgiveness.  Otherwise, I'm miserable with guilt.

We had a great Thanksgiving meal today in shifts.  Bubba came first and then LP and Reaves.  Bubba got my gas logs lit which is a bitch when you let the propane run out like I did in April.  They work in tandem with the thermostat to keep a consistent temp in the living room.  He also diagnosed the Barbie bike and did some WD-40.  The final diagnosis is that the training wheels are too low.  She is six, ya' know.  We picked up pecans what few there are, and spent some time outdoors in the sun.  I was sittin' on the porch and she served me toast and juice from the toybox.  Meanwhile, her Mama took a brief rest before tickle-fight started and it was ON!  

So, back to Santa.  I have a long list which is not like me but I'm feeling pretty blessed this year so here you go:

Peace on Earth

Sugardaddy'

Relief from chronic pain

A peaceful ending for my dear friend Oscar

Energy to clean up this mess and start over for Christmas.

The ability to work and pay the bills

Peace on earth 2.0

A closer relationship with my God and His will for me

To become more of a doer than a dreamer

New tennis shoes

The beach.  Any beach with sand

Oh, and always Reece's dark thins from Kroger or the 'gentral.

I know all you people already have your trees up but not me yet.  The first thing to come out of the attic will be Mama's nativity scene.  It's old as the hills but still intact except for maybe a donkey's head.  

Y'all keep the faith ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment