Friday, October 6, 2023

leap of faith

Well, today is Friyay ain't it Paige?  It's been an eventful week for me in more ways than one.  It's taken me until today to be able to think clearly following the wreck.  My mother was always one to write letters when she was pissed off at somebody in charge or another.  My next complaint will  probably be to TDOT for allowing 18 wheeler traffic on Highway 104 hills.  Hide and watch.

I spent a delightful birthday morning with my adopted mother.  We almost always eat breakfast together.  She drinks coffee and me a ton of water.  I really wish that I liked coffee.  It smells soooo good.  Breakfast with the Calcutt bunch was first and it was great.  It's nice to know your clan.

I have lived on this farm, off and on, for about 68 years minus three or for in town.  LP was four when we moved into Charlie's house and she grew up there with her Memaw and Grandaddy right down the road in the cabin where I live now.  She and Reaves used to come all the time but that stopped awhile back due to, umm.  You know.  We spent many happy days down here.  Her bikes are still outside.  Hopefully one day somebody will be able to bring her here for some quality time.  I miss it.

What I have learned about people in my life!  We are all different in many ways.  I tend to be more like one brother than the other because I'm a dreamer and don't do well with structure.  I reckon I'm lazy and self entitled or something.  Mostly I'm just everybody's friend and try to do the next right thing.

I can tell when the plate is full and self care needs to kick in.  I am way past due for a PCP visit so that is next on the list.  From there, who the heck knows!  Gotta' have those refills.  Personally, I believe a lot of pharma could be cut out by lifestyle changes.  Right Katie?  

I am having weird dreams since the wreck.  But it's day three so that's always the worst.  Y'all keep the faith ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment