Friday, October 13, 2023

fifty years is a long time

Damn y'all.  The DHS class of 1973 looks good and is still kicking.  I so enjoyed seein' all my classmates, teachers and party crashers tonight!  Of course we had name tags but most of us recognized each other and hugged really big.  I'm glad I'm current on my shots.

Some friends and I spent the afternoon out in Finley on the cottage porch which is where they LIVE when they are in the 'burg.  As it turned out, Finley highway proper was blocked off so there were a lot of detours through Upper Finley Road.  And then the bean cutting commenced.  While I was waiting for Darryl and Annie to pick me up I watched Joey and his crew finish up for the day.  It is amazing what it takes to be a farmer.  My daddy was one until the day he died.

There are so many people suffering and hurting around the globe right now.  I know in my little world there is angst every day but I can't imagine being killed in a terrorist attack over a strip of land.  In the desert, no less.  One of my favorite friends decided to take some time off from posting the funny stuff because it's just so darn end of times.  But you know what?  If we can't laugh and praise God and love each other in times like that, what did the Holy Spirit intend? ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment