Thursday, October 26, 2023

in god's time

My boy Oscar is suffering from a terrible cough, probably due to heartworms.  He is about 15 years old give or take a year.  He's had some really bad days lately and I'm considering euthanasia but I just cannot as long as he's up running around and having fun.  I went so far as to make an appointment for tomorrow and then canceled it.  I'm pretty sure I will know when the time is right.  Until then, he's joined to me at the hip.  

I was out and about today, stopping by to visit some friends at Maple Ridge and then cruising up the hill toward my old house.  As I was coming back down I noticed Mike Harris and his crew harvesting the honey up by the dairy barn so I stopped for a visit and a few pictures.  I didn't have on a suit but I didn't get stung so that's a plus.  I never knew much about how honey is processed until I met Mike at Logan's Lake Honey.  After several trips to his shop in Finley I kinda' sorta' understand.  His company has hives all over Western Tennessee.  

We are enjoying the last of summer/fall here with temps expected to fall below freezing by next week.  That should really do a number on my arthritis and sciatica.  Today is somewhat better, only because of a steroid shot yesterday.  That will eventually wear off.  There's an appt with an ortho in November so we shall see.  I'm trying to stay active because sitting is about the worst thing you can do.  I love to dance to YouTube!  Keeping the faith here ^j^





No comments:

Post a Comment