Saturday, December 27, 2014

almost saturday night

Ordinarily that's not a big deal to me because I don't do anything but go to bed early like always, however this is the eve of my last of seven days in a row and I feel a subtle exhausting tinge of joy thinking about a day off from the sawmill. I've been twisting and stretching all day trying to work the shoulder and get it to relax. It is literally drawn toward the right side of my body in a very painful sort of way that is constant and deep. It begs for Flexaril which I thought didn't help before but I bet would now that the repair has been done. But then there's that pesky co-pay to see a provider just to get a prescription. Plus the cost of the drug. No wonder I'm weaning myself off of everything. It's monsoon time in Tennessee and over a large part of the country, truth be known. I figure the end of the lane was covered most of the day while I was gone.

Now that my OD statements come by email there is rarely anything in the box which explains why the USPS is struggling to re-brand their services for survival. I don't care who you are, there's nothing like getting a hand written card in the mail. I have made the first of several appointments concerning the future and will meet with a professional on Monday concerning framing and distribution of my farm photography. How many folks with a badass camera like mine get to live in the middle of paradise where you can take shots off the porch. I am blessed, for sure. After that I'll catch back up with the Co.Starters instructor for some serious small business chat. Creativity tends to flow in those settings, especially when the teacher knows what you have in mind. I've change my mind again but I have the tools to switch course.

The news today was all about Little Kim and how he blames Obama for his internet outage. That's the funniest shit I've heard in ages! The Asians...inventors of modern electronic communication...accusing him of espionage. I'm sure the conservatives agree because as we all know "it's Obama's fault!" Joe Cocker died this week and so did my friend Steve's mother. The warp speed of all things happening has worn my soul down but my daddy always told me it was thus and so as you age and I guess he would know. After all he's over 80!! Sometimes I wonder if I'll be like him when I'm that age and I figure I probably will. I'm like Mom in a lot of ways, but I do have that stubborn Stafford streak in me.

There are very few things I miss about having a man around but one of them is having help for stuff like cars breaking down and whatnot. I know a lot of women who can take care of that kind of thing without them, but I'm not one of 'em. Never had to, you know? Since I've been single the absence of a dependable guy hasn't been too bad because of all my many male friends. That's where you earn stars in your crown guys..when you do it to help rather than because you have to in order to appease a wife or girlfriend. One guy friend actually performed a tune-up in the parking lot of the sawmill on that trusty old Camry and even bought the stuff. I still owe him a bottle of Scotch.

Here's to a bright and shining new year full of opportunity, grace and peace.







No comments:

Post a Comment