Thursday, March 20, 2014

when one door shuts

They say that another door will open when one slams in your face if only you can find the patience and wisdom to recognize it as a sign from Big Ernie to back up and re-group. That's one I've had a particularly hard time with considering how strong willed I can be. Lord knows I try to be patient and loving but a lot of times I'm just wore so plum out there's not much left to give. I found a "happy" as we call it, in my mailbox today from my friend Marti who weaves potholders the old fashioned way. I scored three, all with different designs in bright colors. Who loves me? She does.

The dozier has been busy prepping our former horse pen for planting. The last little shack was taken down today and I didn't even notice it when I got home. My mind was otherwise occupied with some sad longing for days gone by when life was an open book just waiting to be experienced. That was way before it became what it is today which is a race to the finish kind of like Hunger Games where only the strong ones survive. If I had to eat bugs or kill to stay alive I'd be one of the first ones to die of starvation. I have absolutely no interest in soldiering on past my time to become a martyr to the world. I've worked my tail off most of my life and deserve a break from being ultra loyal and uber productive. That's for 28 year olds who still run on adrenaline and believe that anybody cares what you do.

Speaking of which it looks like the Cadi is once again under the weather and I don't think it had anything to do with it getting stuck nose down in the snow. Actually? I think it's just the brand. So much for made in America! It is a really cool ass car though. The engine holds NINE quarts of oil. Obviously it was manufactured in Detroit before gas was 3.50 a gallon. You can't even get parts for it. A couple of brothers have made offers but it won't go cheap.

Still no plane and no clear contender on the Republican side to be Hillary's opponent. I am astonished at the outpouring of anguish from the families of those who are missing as they try to deal with something that has no answer. It kind of reminds me of a local murder that has yet to be solved. Now we all know that these things take time but it's been 2 1/2 years and I suspect the local law enforcement bunch is saving the revelation of who done it for campaign season which really pisses me off. I'm tempted to run out and find some signs for my yard. My baby brother ran for sheriff one time and almost beat the old dude incumbent by about 50 votes. He grew a mustache to appear older and wiser than his 20 something years. I remember going door to door in Fowlkes in freakin' hot ass August asking for votes. Never again.





No comments:

Post a Comment