Saturday, March 8, 2014

one for the road

Since I've learned my lesson on slushy driveways and the problems therein, I parked the Camry out by the road for a quick exit this morning at 6. All I had was my purse as I crept carefully through the mud and ice to the driveway (which also happens to be full of ruts and potholes. About halfway to the mailbox, my feet went out from under me but this time I landed on my knees and shook a couple of teeth loose I imagine. As I was driving home I remembered back to when we had a 15 inch snow in March when I was a kid. It was even too cold for me to wear my new sleeveless Easter dress up to the United Methodist church at Main and McGaughey. Several generations of my family have gone there for worship and fellowship and I am still a member, though not an active one. I take a lot of heat from folks who think regular church visits are what makes life complete and I beg to be different and worship Big Ernie in my own way. I was what you can call regular to a fault for all but about 10 years of my life until I decided that God would like it if I just slept in when I could and enjoy brunch with my parents because YOU KNOW I'll hear all about it from them. I've seen a conversation about who was sitting next to who last the entire ride home.

I'm seriously glad to see how little press is being given to Putin because frankly, now that the Olympics are over we have no business there. My friend Shannon posted a funny up in the middle of a heated discussion about his leadership and I knew then that it's the kinship that we get from connectivity that helps us to be more tolerant of others because we see so many other lives and their side of things. One of the maddest and saddest times of my life was when peaceful Muslims in our country were being harassed post 9/11. That's kind of like saying that because I'm a woman I can be "handled". In case you haven't noticed, I'm very obedient to a point but it doesn't take long for me to get there.

I'm going through House of Cards again at my leisure and picking up something different each time I re-watch a chapter. It has been said that this series is on the same level as Breaking Bad in acting excellence and I agree. Frank totally makes me want to kick ass and take names of corrupt government representatives. Russo breaks my heart because I've seen that story so many times in my life. Claire is hot and cold in a mixture that makes me want to scream cuss words. When I get tired of them I just go back to Nurse Jackie and Mr. White. Lionsgate has mad talent,yo.

I miss my BG and I know that we'll be hugging sooner rather than later so that's a good thing. Her absence has given me a clear picture of how BigE figures things out for us even when we can't begin to imagine that it's all okay. One of the things I ask myself now is "In ten years will this matter?" It kind of puts things in perspective for an obsessive worrier like myself. Personally I think we'll all be dead then or at the very least in zombie states because I'm not far from it right now and the evil Mr. Putin might attack us at any time. Or Michelle Bachmann could be president! Nah..the tea party has nobody to run because more and more republicans are choosing to be progressive and cross party lines. If they did? I'd probably see things in a whole different light.

Tomorrow is the first morning of DST and I don't know if my phone/alarm will fix itself so I've asked my friends at work to call me when it's time to drag my ass jump joyfully out of my warm bed with four dogs in it. Crazy dog lady? Ayep..it's me.

Keep the faith ^j^







No comments:

Post a Comment