Monday, March 17, 2014

hug and release

Ya'll know I'm a firm believer in karma and whatnot so I wasn't really surprised that it turned out we had an extra person at the sawmill today, the very day that BG is coming back in the fold. Sleeping arrangements will be modified accordingly and stuff unpacked. I had seen her before today so it was my pleasure to watch her discover the one year old Booger and his new tricks. Earlier today he caught a ride on brother's shoulders and almost whacked his head on the door facing. Those big blue eyes were full of the wonder of a child doing something new and fun. Wayyyyy up high, BabyMan. One of the things about family group in a therapy setting is that family members are not allowed to get more than a "hug and release" from the patient lest everybody get all choked up and hysterically homesick. It's an exercise in both trust and having the ability to let go. And of course we all know there's a language for that. You'll have to understand that I'm feeling mighty blessed on this St. Patrick's day, snakes or not.

So..um, the plane is still missing and conspiracy theories abound. Personally, I think it's either Obama or Dubya's fault depending on which way you lean. And of course you know which direction I go. President Obama has done no worse a job than any other POTUS in history, including but not limited to George W. Bush. I understand he was a nice guy and represented "truth and honesty and the American way" but when that war went on and on and on I started to get really bitter about the lives being lost and our TAX dollars being spent on wars that will never be won. Term limits. Homeland security? Where was the (what should be) routine of checking for stolen passports on each flight to see if any have been reported stolen. Don't tell me the money is there for one more walmart or dollar general but we can't pick up on a plot like that. Same with 9/11. Those guys were under the radar for five
freakin' years learning how to take down the towers with maximum damage. It was nothing but a game to them and our military responded with an all out effort to beat the home team in the deserts and mountains. Saddam Hussein my ass.

Hmm..what else. It's still freezing cold with a heavy wind and the gutter in front of my office window is flapping in the breeze. My first job when it warms up is to pick up the yard that looks like off of some redneck reality show. The TV that's been there for two years will be history when the dozier comes. Gotta get ready for corporate's twice yearly visit, ya know. I'm afraid I've gone by the wayside with doing farm history. My family is just a chapter in a long line of them since the original land grant was made in the 1800s. My brother and I found a map in the library with a pencil drawing of the parcels by owner name. It's the in-between part we couldn't find.

Come on spring. I know you're out there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment