Friday, March 28, 2014

and then the dog got worms.....

Ryder has had worms three times since she was born and is currently afflicted with the rice grain looking ones which I mentioned to the girl at the counter who informed me that all that yellow crap I've bought doesn't touch this particular parasite. It covers all the rest of them, but this 28 buck pill should take care of the whole deal. She is so skinny and eats regularly so I knew something was wrong. Her pup Sophie is plump and shiny with a tinge of chocolate on her coat reminding me of Faith. Ryder's eyes are exactly like Faith's were, all dark and spiritual. Faith learned to talk in syllables, taught by her adopted daddy and to ride in a truck bed like a big girl. Her first trip down Lake road she fell out, bless her heart. Once when we were taking she and Oscar and SammyD to Newbern for a visit Oscar bailed out and tumbled into a cotton field. BG and I shared custody of her during that time. Oscar got us in trouble for chasing the goats and donkeys next door. Sam just wants to know when we can go to bed.

The glass in our front door fell out last night during the thunderstorm and I made a run to roll my windows up failing to notice that I left the ignition on. Guess what happened at 5:30 AM? Nothing but clicking. Michelle came and scooped me up so that I could report half ass on time. The sad thing is I wasn't a bit surprised. The dogs refuse to crawl over the hole in the storm door but I bet they would if I didn't get up and open it. Ha! Lily got stuck in the basement last night and was meowing to get in when I stumbled to the bathroom this morning. 11 hours is sometimes enough which is kind of sad but it sure does feel good to turn in early or sleep later. I'm not picky...I'll take it either way! There is nothing in this world important enough that "needs" to be done for me to not take care of my own self.

Shannah and Boogs came to pick me up at the sawmill and he was smooth OUT in that carseat for the ride home. He's a beautiful piece of childhood that I count as a blessing in my life every day. Shannah's mom died a few years ago and he needs a Grammaw like everybody else. BG is Auntie. Sister and her friend are camped out in BG's room for the time being and I'm in this cluttered office. I had to snicker at this queen B long haired Siamese crawling all over the reception area of the vet's office. She just looked at me like "humph" and let her tail trail over my hand on her way to the other end. Bitch had attitude, just saying.

Thanks to sweet baby Jesus the state of CT has passed the first minimum wage hike in decades. If it takes as long to get through the court system as the ACA did we'll all just die of starvation from not having MickyD's at our disposal. Grow your own people! The sky is falling and that chit is a poisonous industry, much like Monsanto and their GMO piece. When you mess with mother nature too much, bad things happen to good people. I read the other day about an outbreak of Ebola virus in Africa and had bad dreams thinking about how that disease kills swiftly and painfully. And the reason that it happens is because of poor sanitation. Jesus wept.

I'm kinda thinking that life is not treating me as badly as it was and the only reason I can imagine is that Big Ernie tested me for a long time with being a caretaker until I realized that self care enables one to be more of an inspiration. Here's my idea for new business in flood ravaged South Dyersburg where only two buildings remain in the legendary Courtland Square, home of multiple addicts and people who stole on a regular basis from the honest grocer next door. That building is gone as well. That side of the road is more prone to flood damage and an entire community of riverside dwellers have rebuilt in the hope that our county fathers will see the wisdom in addressing that issue. Ten years out there will be road improvement but...Tucker Tire, Boss Hoss, Omnicraft and Dunagan's Sports bar are all in the flood zone HOWEVER high water has never reached this particular tavern. It did however trash the Hideaway and David Lee's shop/home.

For the first time in a very long time I feel optimistic about life. I'm not exactly sure why but I suspect a large part of it has to do with the power of prayer. That would be the faithful choice.





1 comment:

  1. I think you should wright a book and include these honest photos!

    ReplyDelete