Sunday, March 9, 2014

persecution

I knew it would, in time. The way things have been going lately I figured something from history would repeat itself and sure enough there's short stumpy fatass over there in NORK getting ready to execute Christians. About the only thing different than them and Daniel in the lion's den is that they don't even get a chance to fight. Just be done with you! POOF! Because you believe that Jesus Christ was and is the son of God you are dead to me and a threat to my mighty powers of intimidation. And this dude has a woman even! There is something particularly ironic to me about the British wife of Syria's hit man. As I understand it (and I could be wrong) most of the troubles in the middle east are based on war between different sects or tribes all based on their picky set of rules. And of course they believe that heaven's just a suicide bomb away. Lack of respect for differing spiritual beliefs is the cause of a whole lot of conflict when, if we could figure out how to blend, as they say...we'd have it made. You don't have to believe what I do, and your opinions are your own. As long as I'm treated with respect and not yelled at by someone who's doing a bad impression of an even worse Fox news anchor, we're good. To Rush and all the other loudmouth grandstanders out there who have given an entire generation reason to distrust each other so that there is no true crossing the aisle Shut the eff up. That means you two girls as well. To believe in one god who is good and kind and loving is what sustains me. I am a Christian but I certainly understand why a lot of people aren't. That's their thing, not mine.

If the shoe fits, I say wear it and I'm all about being up front with what I believe. I've had so many tongue lashings by conservatives when trying to carry on an intelligent conversation that I can't begin to count the times. That is persecution as well. I believe that "the church" meaning any and all faiths and the state shall not mingle not even on abortion rights or other stuff. I believe that the majority of the wealth in this country is controlled by an elite few, much like a monarachy where the class system exists. A good many of them have made more money than Big ernie by hurting the environment and our world society as a whole. When our labor went overseas, that was our downfall. First was Mexico, then China. Hire people on the cheap and make bigger profits on Wall Street.

I believe that a justice system that has as many opportunities for corruption remains in place, the death penalty should be put on the top shelf. I have never understood how it's okay to kill somebody but we have to save a zygote. The death penalty does not deter crime, it encourages it as a way of life behind bars in privatized prisons. See what I mean? Nobody's in charge here but corporate. I do however believe and pray that once Holly Bobo's accused killer has gone through trial that he will be locked up for LIFE not just for her death but for his history of random violence and drug use. This piece of shit left jail just 9 days before he kidnapped her. Life in solitary. Forget about letting him off easy by putting him to sleep. The recent malfunctions with drug administration are pretty scary and gruesome even if they are guilty.

I believe that ever person, man woman or child, deserves to be loved for who they are, unconditionally just because. That's the kind of friends who will help you hide the bodies in the kudzu if it all gets to be too much. Ya'll better watch it or I might take up target practice from the water tower because we all know how easy it is to get a weapon these days. Thank you very much NRA. Oh, and Mitch McConnell? Two words. TERM LIMITS. So as I predicted the GOP has chosen the least of all their evils, a man who has moderated quite a bit lately to try and save his poor ass state. We shall see how that whole thing plays out because I remember horror stories from Kentucky about healthcare prior to the ACA. It's also where the land has been extensively damaged in the quest for coal. See corporate was in charge even then.

The difference between then and now is that we had the dream that someday life would be better and easier than our parents had it and for a while we did. The pace of change in our society over the 58 years since I was born has been phenomenal, largely because of better technology. Wouldn't it be a shame if we let our lust for power and $$ be our legacy.

Peace~

No comments:

Post a Comment