Tuesday, August 15, 2023

like the deer

I am used to seeing deer every where out here but fail to watch out when I'm somewhere else.  My work takes me down around the Finley area and as I was passing a soybean field I spotted a young one chest high in the green.  As I drove home pondering the upcoming deer season I was pretty sad. Thank goodness I was listening and singing along with Jack FM.  

I won 50K today on the 100k Pyramid because those folks are just not informed about ANYTHing. There was brisket for lunch from Bad Bob's and a lovely cool afternoon playing with cats and dogs.  I gotta' make a cake tomorrow for us. Strawberry, no less.

I have decided to begin therapy again and am pretty sure that's the only way I will survive the caretaking side of me.  Since retiring from the hospital lab that has been my major source of income.  LTD ran out last year and well...things got tight.  Plus, I lost a long term sitting job.  

The therapist I reached out to told me "that's a lot!" which assured me that I'm not being a titty baby.  I had great parents ad a good family environment.  I learned all about southern etiquette and ag from them. One of my most vivid childhood memories is of going to the Stafford family reunion in Blue Mountain MS.  There was a large screened porch and tables full of pies.  I was probably about six.

Reaves is almost six and LP is almost 39 and I'm almost 68.  We were all born Virgos in September and I think that counts for something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment