Sunday, August 6, 2023

grooved pavement

TDOT is slowly resurfacing the HWY 51 By-pass and while it's badly needed, it's kind of a hot mess.  That is my usual route to work and every other thing and my teeth are sore from rattling on that rough pavement.  One lane is paved and you have to be careful not to drift over and hit that one which is a few inches higher.  Modern dilemmas!  

I was back at my home church today and it felt good to be there.  The AC was  out so there was a lot of fanning and sweating but we got all the teachers and back packs blessed and were treated to a pastor who is originally from Brazil.  He has a pretty thick accent and I googled to see what language is spoken in that area.  I assumed it would be Spanish but it's Portuguese.  Live and learn.

Kroger has made pickup more complicated by requiring an online check in involving QR codes.  Puleeez y'all.  Another lifelong friend passed away yesterday.  It is kind of scary watching all this happen knowing that I could be next.  My neck is better but the foot drop is still an issue so I have to walk carefully.  I find that the most comfy way to walk is in sock feet.  Tomorrow's chore will be trying to find  a neurologist with an opening soon.  Wish me luck..ha.

I've had two steroid injections this year which is probably not good for the old kidneys but what do you do??  This field corn out here is sweatin' big time.  It's kind of like living in a tropical forest.

Y'all be blessed and stay cool ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment