Sunday, January 22, 2023

return to the nest

Any parent knows that the baby bird may return at any moment when things get complicated.  Which they definitely are.  LP is currently homeless (long story) and facing knee surgery the first week of February so we are temporarily roomies.  She was planning on moving anyway so there ya' go.  She brought her cat Henry Angel with her and it's been an adjustment for all involved.  With income tax money on the way she will be able to catch up on stuff and find a place for she and Reaves.  She took the couch last night and I slept for fourteen hours in my dark bedroom.  We may switch up tonight.  Or not. I'm used to "complicated" so I'm just going with the flow.  Mama Bears will do what they have to do to help a baby bear out even when they've been on their own for a long time.  

My first story was published in the State Gazette yesterday and made front page.  This is what I'm meant to do, I truly believe.  A storyteller at heart, I have used this blog to share them as life goes by and I won't stop.  The paper is also publishing my blog which will be kind of new territory.  I often rant but they are cold hard truths if you know what I mean.  I figure if there is any controversy they will drop it.  Everyone needs an avenue to express themselves and this is mine.  There is only one other blogger associated with their publication so we shall see.

Y'all keep the faith ^j^








No comments:

Post a Comment