Thursday, September 22, 2022

riding the wave

One of my brother's many careers has been booking bands for various events, some at his own club that is no more.  For three years now, Dr. Zarr's Amazing Funkmonsters have taken the stage at the Family Life Building out at the fairgrounds.  Always on the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  Crowds have been big and small but everybody always has a good time because you can't just NOT dance with these guys.  They are all in costume and rock the 80s.  The first time I saw them at Bubba's club I fell in love.  

Speaking of Thanksgiving, Kay already has her dressing made so I've at least got make a pone of cornbread before October.  She always has hers done and frozen by Halloween which is her mother's birthday.  It does my soul good to be able to remember these things.  

Y'all  keep the faith ^j^ 

No comments:

Post a Comment