Thursday, September 15, 2022

double birthdays

I was 29 when Lauren was born and my labor was about 3 days at home and 12 hours in the hospital.  My entire family and a bunch of friends were there in the waiting room eating pizza while my husband did his best to deal with a very long day with a bitchy wife.  In the end, Lauren Elizabeth Parker was delivered by forceps because I could not push for 15 more minutes.  As it turned out she was meconium stained meaning she had been in some distress.  The blood culture was fine and was drawn by one of my fellow lab peeps.  Only one brave soul from down there entered the labor room to draw my blood and she told me later she was horrified!  Lauren and my BFF Lisa share the same cake day.

Fast forward to 2017 and my extremely pregnant baby girl.  She was induced, which lasted three days and I totally didn't expect that.  Thank goodness I had some vacation time.  At the end of the third day they broke her water and still no progress.  It was late on September 21st that Elizabeth Reaves was delivered by emergency section.  The epidural didn't work so there was nine kinds of screaming going on.  A CRNA held her down on one shoulder and I had the other.  We talked to her plain and simple in the ear.  " Hang on girl.  This will soon be over."  And it was.  I was the first to see her while she got cleaned up and weighed and swaddled.  Lauren was out like a light as the CRNA promised.  She woke up in recovery and I remember distinctly seeing her in that little cubicle with Reaves on her chest.  Bonding time.  

What we didn't realize is there is no nursery at that facility so baby goes right straight to Mama and her helpers after she is able.  I will never forget all her friends who came to see the newest little life on the planet.  It was Kimberlie the magnificent that met me in the labor room when I got there.  Sittin' there in a rocker watching after her bestie until Mama arrived.  I slept on a lot of different couches during that time.  I laugh nowme and LP trying to get the car seat buckled in. Other stuff happened afterward putting her back in the hospital two more times.  D and C.  Perforated uterus from that procedure.

I would not change any of it.  I'm blessed to have a loving daughter who is raising a very strong willed and intelligent little girl who loves all things Barbie and playing like....all the time.  She especially loves it here because it's where she came from, kinda' sorta'.  We moved to this farm when Lauren was four so she could have the upbringing that I did.  Wide open spaces and room to run.  

I heard today from the teevee that it will be hot as hell on both of their birthdays.  Lerd, I thought we were done with all that.  Oh, and the pollen level is 10 out of 10.  Y'all keep the faith ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment