Wednesday, September 28, 2022

happy day

I'm not sure but I think Hallmark and FB have been making up son/daughter/dog/cat days just to keep us engaged.  How dare any of us miss the occasion to show off our peeps!  There are winter clothes laying everywhere in piles, clean and (almost) dry.  There was a bad leak under the kitchen sink.  Like, the whole pipe was disconnected.   He said it was probably this old house settling a bit.   We surveyed the roof leak and he's got just the thing to fix that so the wintry blowing rain won't drip on me.  Life is good.  This guy bought the original Curry Funeral Home and is restoring it plus working side jobs.  Get it while you're young I say.  I can't wait to see the results.  

The book I'm reading is about a boring mom with no lurid past trying to get published while raising a family.  Her agent suggested she "dig into her inner child" and pull out some drama and abuse to get published.  And she laughed, and I did too.  Nobody much wants to hear about someone's everyday life but short stories are my genre of choice which is why I blog.  I suppose I could conjure up a few tales about the one time I got caught sneaking out with an older boy.  Of course my parents noticed that I was missing and Daddy was all driving around looking for me.  I will never forget the look on his face when he walked in to tell mom he couldn't find me.  And there I was sitting on the couch.  And he cried.  I was smart enough not to do that ever again.  

And so it goes.  We have but one life to live and mine is in the golden years period.  We have a 50th DHS reunion coming up next year and already the money is looking good.  Many thanks to generous classmates and also our trusty treasurer.  Y'alls money is in good hands and I can't wait.  Saw my buddy Joel today and got an overdue hug that we both needed plus I got to see his mom.  AND he slipped me some class reunion  money.  We have a family history that could be a best seller.

Gotta' go take a fake Lomotil.  Peace and love ^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment