Saturday, January 31, 2015

pajama party

THE very best thing about a day off to me is the luxury of staying in flannel and flip flops while catching up with the world outside of Pecan Lane. Most of that consists of people that I've never met in person but know by heart. I've heard all kinds of horror stories about how people have social media withdrawals and it's a thing, I assure you. My friend went through those withdrawals and more when she started treatment. Detox is about more than just drugs! To some sex is a drug and to others it's a certain mindset. The bottom line is that there's some dysfunction going on big time when you allow one facet of life to take over all others. At one time I was addicted to the sawmill always living vicariously through the drama of saving lives and "helping" people. No more, buddy. That was 30 years ago and I'm tired.

I just glanced out the window to see that Chester is back with the pack for a visit and this time there's no puppy threat so I'll just let 'em romp. He's quite a handsome fellow and has very good manners. I was looking through old pics this morning and ran across the one of Paige the dog catcher putting a very huge great dane into the cab of her truck because he wouldn't fit in the bay. His name escapes me, but he was Faith's one and only baby daddy, thus Ryder's huge ears. I'm telling you, this shit cannot be made up!

There is a white board kind of thing happening on this desk as I jump headfirst into the next chapter. Nobody ever makes money from writing or photography unless they do it by trade so I must find another way to make my fortune in the off chance that Sugardaddy never shows up. If I were a determined sort I'd find a Superbowl party and jump up in there to pretend that I care mix and mingle with the single men. I think I'll just watching House of Cards again and finish the laundry. The dining room will be minus a baby bed today plus a lot of other stuff because we have to get the handyman to fix the door onto that cute little porch. The lock is ancient and it won't even close now so we have a tablecloth stuffed in to keep it shut. Once again....cannot be made up.

It's been almost two years since my cousin Debbie died and it still doesn't seem real that she's not around to share the love of all those grandchildren. Neely looks a whole lot like she did as a baby and that makes me smile. Her older brothers are all boy so she will grow up knowing how to survive rough and tumble. They will watch her back and make sure she's safe from all the bad guys. And someday she will look at of pictures of her grandmother and wonder who she was. I hope I'm around to tell her.

Peace out~

No comments:

Post a Comment