Saturday, January 24, 2015

throw zoie to the train

I finally managed to find the first 2 discs of House of Cards Season 2 at Hastings, for rent. Of course I had already gotten a spoiler alert about how Zoie met her horrific end but it was still powerful. Especially seeing how the rest of them started running around scared! Frank Underwood is not one to cross, if you know what I mean. And this morning I see a really talented and sweet Kevin Spacey playing the harmonica along with Billy Joel on "Piano Man." Who knew? Dude plays Underwood to.the.hilt. and I see him as the usual in Congress therefore, I give up. Nah..not really. I just know what's up and that unless a whole helluva lot more people than me stand up, it's useless. Or it's Obama's fault, depending whichever side of the fence you live on.

My youngest brother and I have a kind of cosmic connection where we can text across the miles and catch up now and then by phone when the kids are asleep or occupied. I caught him early this morning and we chatted for an hour about everything ranging from tea tree oil to home schooling. He got an earful of Daddy when Mom was trying to have a conversation with him the other night which we all know happens on a regular basis when she gets on the phone and BLESS HER HEART that's the only escape she has from the 24/7 news he's got blaring. *sigh* I gave up on that one awhile ago when they passed on the options. So that is how Lori has come to be the Sunday go to girl. Tony has Daddy tomorrow so I reckon us three girls will become acquainted and learn the ropes. I predict she will fall totally in love with the log cabin like everybody else does at first sight.

Flu season has backed off a bit thank goodness but that doesn't mean we quit testing for it...oh NO! I'm just thrilled to have two days off in a row even if it is cold. Maybe I'll get the house clean and laundry done if I'm not tempted with warm weather to play in the dirt. Or not. Time will tell, as they say. My tax return is filed and if the IRS doesn't get greedy I may have some left to pay off the loan shark and Cadi. I have already paid in interest the amount that I borrowed on it plus some but I refuse to let it go down that way. That car is a masterpiece of American autmotive history and will make some owner very happy if they have the time and $$ to keep it running. Hey..it's gotten BG around for a couple of years and that's a miracle. It had to have two tires last week, by the way. We're still unsure if Chester got to Ryder but time will tell on that as well. I certainly am not in the mood to birth more puppies but at least I know how this time around. When Faith had her litter there were not many alive and we watched one little handicapped baby die trying to move around on a gimp leg. This was probably due to Faith's ripe old age of 10 having her first kids. Lerd.

I didn't watch the SOTU but have heard many good things about what a comedian our POTUS is when he's got the camera. Personally, I think it was a perfect response to the asshats who showed disrespect. That is not what my country stands for y'all. As for Chris Kyle? It is well documented that he was a liar so don't get all up in the air about the movie not depicting truth. My army mom friend explained it all to me because she read the book. It's all the judgement calling that pisses me off. It's a freakin MOVIE people.

Gotta' get busy piddling because this weekend...it too, shall pass.

^j^



No comments:

Post a Comment