Tuesday, January 20, 2015

children one and all

Bound for me I'm still attempting to sift through boxes and piles of my life and make sure no important thing goes to the firepile except sometimes by mistake. I have danced around more than one piece of cheap foam couch as the noxious fumes threatened to poison the entire neighborhood and possibly even kill the wheat. After years of that sort of country behavior, the place is finally almost clean. It took me a solid ten years to landscape and clean out the basement/attic/sheds/etc. That wood is forever gone, framing a picture somewhere of somebody else's memory. And that? Is my dream as a photographer. It works well with the writing piece, don't you think? There will be recipes but a bit more than just directions. I was raised on food cooked by hired African American domestic workers just like in the Oprah movie. Thanks to my mother, there's a picture somewhere of Miss Rosie with a paper bag on her head.

Ethel's car was a faded out white coupe with a red top and we would go to the dime store in it when I was a kid because she loved birds. Woolworth had a soda fountain and a little bit of everything so that was a big adventure for us. Back where the birds lizards and such...goldfish..did their own thing waiting for some animal lover to come along and buy them. I never had to buy a lizard because we had plenty around the cracks in the back porch poking out their little beady eyes to scare me to death. Always with the blue tails too.

It was cooler today, enough to wear a jacket against the breeze and the sun wasn't around much. One more day and it's back to our usual January chill but by golly it won't be long until the flowers start popping up and I can't WAIT!! Snowdrops first, then crocus. After that it's a crapshoot as to what gets bit. Last year was a real amazing one in that everything bloomed at once in April when it (finally) got warm. Here in West TN we are used to moderate Februaries and windy Marches plus spring floods on occasion.

We had a group hug at the sawmill today and I was delighted to head home to the lane for an evening prior to a day off to sleep and do whatever I want to do...like visit my parents. And the local storefront for ATT to get some help with our current phone situation. If karma is on my side there is insurance on the stolen one and it can be replaced for a 50 buck deductible. I'm thinking positive, if you know what I mean. As much as that bill is one would certainly expect a replacement. It's just a mini, gah.

So, all in all life is good. There will always be terrorists and war because after all it IS biblical. I saw this widely posted pic of the British jihadist who cuts everybody's head off and he had these two Japanese guys in the Gitmo suits all looking scared to death and I said to myself "self..this guy is going straight to hell." No ifs, ands or buts in my book. Gotta' run. Obama's calling on my smartphone.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment