Thursday, January 22, 2015

onward

I haven't been to the dentist since mine cut me off and sent me to collections over half the cost of a bridge. To be fair, the office manager was on a mission and it pissed her off that i dared not honor the terms of my agreement. I've known several like that, including at the hand surgeon's office. When I thanked her one day in the grocery store for not turning me over she said "girl, I know what you've got going on!" Dental insurance is rather inexpensive but doesn't pay much so one major bad tooth in a year and it's coming out of your pocket. Medical insurance covers 80% at least, but the markup is astounding. I still owe almost a thousand bucks after insurance to the guy who did my shoulder. His folks are getting antsy too but hopefully worker comp will pick that one up. If not he can just stand in line like poor propane guy. I am less in debt to him than at any time in recent history and that makes me smile, as I'm sure it does him. Dude wouldn't let me freeze and even delivered on Christmas Eve one year. The longest summer I ever remember is when we were out and couldn't cook fried green tomatoes. Anyway, I've got an aching tooth so I've gotta' find somebody.

Mom has new help coming on Sunday morning and is surprisingly okay with it. I think she's afraid too, of falling with nobody around. Daddy can't help but at least he can call me to call 911! I've lost count of trips to the ER over the past few years. Thankfully I work there so it's been easier for us than for most, which is where customer service begins..with understanding the dynamics of a particular situation and not just treating blindly. Families bring a whole lot of drama up in there that tends to wear down practitioners in time. I'm a poster child for that disorder and have about four burnouts under my belt.

So. I got my W2 today and it looks like I made a whole lot more money than last year plus I owe them for two years back so there you go. No refund on Pecan Lane this year. That's a shame since this aching tooth needs attention like BAD. Always the Pollyanna, I refuse to believe that if I don't just brush them every day and get a good night's sleep things will be better in the morning. Mama told me that by the way and sometimes it's true. Other times? Meh..it's just gray and gloomy. We're all settling in for the current installment of the SADD festival, hopefully the last of the season. I've got buttercups coming up on the south bank and I just know they're gonna' get bit.

Faith~

1 comment:

  1. Holy Moley, I just realized how lucky I am... Well bowel cancer excluded, and that's fine now too... and our healthcare situation is 100 times better than yours.

    ReplyDelete