Wednesday, January 28, 2015

asylum

Is it just me or does anybody else wonder what Snowden's up to? I mean the MSM was all OVER his ass forever until the focus shifted to blaming Obama and mid-terms. Then, just poof! I hope he's not still in the airport is all I can say. I figure he's out there spreading truth and the global way which is when you tell the truth about your country and their ways, you will be chased. The whole coming out of that bunch of journalists was amazing to me and though I never read their findings word for word I get the concept that people who carry extra flash drives can exit pretty quickly when the shit hits the fan. If it were me? I wouldn't trust this government for anything right now except maybe my partial tax refund which damn well better hit the bank soon or I'm screwed. I mean like...bad. BG's hours got cut at the BBQ pit so she's exploring other options and so am I. People will set the bar high and urge you to keep your chin up and then expect it all the time. I'm a poster girl, ya' know. Loyalty should always count but unfortunately George Bailey got scrooged and so do we. It's so amazing to think about my history with the sawmill not just with me but my entire family. My youngest brother was an EMT before he was a law officer. Gaga was an employee who got forced to retire at 70 when the non-profit bought us. She became a Pink Lady on a mission and the entire volunteer program took off later adding men called Redcoats and ICCU hostesses. My daddy pushed a wheelchair carrying patients to and fro for many years while Mama and his sisters served as pinks and hostesses regular as clockwork until they retired. My fav since Daddy, Mr. Buck, retired last week, god love him. They're the same age. Daddy got mad when corporate moved their sitting place away from X-ray and never went back. The red coat is still in my closet as testimony, right next to the pink one and the wedding dress I almost sold for 25 bucks. Live and learn.

I'm happy to hear that conservatives are listening to women about their own bodies (ahem) because we've got bigger fish to fry than overturning a SCOTUS decision that came down when I was in high school. I'm almost 60, by the way. The more I see religion all up in politics, the more I shake my head and watch Breaking Bad or House of Cards. I mean jeez y'all...take it to church and keep it there. If you know the ten commandments they don't have to be posted at the courthouse. Honor thy father and mother. Do not adulter (is that a word?). Do not kill. I'm not sure where the seven deadly sins comes in but I dare say greed should be #1 especially when the Kochs have hand picked Scott Walker as their boy. I can't wait 'til Pope Francis gets a'hold of that bunch.

There is a new cat hanging around here that looks kind of huge and black and the doggies smooth ran that dude up a tree right before sunset yesterday. Chester got out of jail today and didn't show up so that all seems to have blown over thank goodness. All we need is another litter of puppies. I've been going through pics trashing the ones of the ground and my knee and ran across some vintage ones from the kudzu bar which, as Idgie can tell you, is a real thing and I have proof. It sits on the business route into Dyersburg right next to the Forked Deer and the kudzu almost ate the whole building before TimmyD took over. Several businesses behind it were totaled by the back to back Southtown floods and they're back in shape just in time for spring rains. There's a really cool iron bridge back behind that was formerly for foot traffic and, I suppose, cars back in the day. I bet I've taken a kazillion pictures from that spot.

So here's the thing about that bar and what it means to me. It was mostly, for a long time, strictly a men's den with the dailies showing up for roll call and an occasional woman and her girlfriends stopping by to celebrate a birthday or something. There were pool tables and dart games and eventually a dance stage, complete with poles, for those who dared like Yaya. And me. And Redneck Friend. And a whole bunch of others! Ladies night had dollar beer until they hiked it to 1.50 and I was pretty much outta' there. I can have a dolla' beer at home. We had fun there..bonded and kept up with family. We also pulled pills had fun parties and flirted and then all went home to the other life because that's what you do, right? Beverly has the voice of an angel and she was the last owner prior to Tim. The clientele is loyal and it's a safe place where people watch your back. Plus there's a nice patio!

Some friends of mine lost a friend this week and I could tell you a lot of stories about that whole thing but I won't because people can't tell fact from fiction anymore. Fortunately one can no longer be dooced.

Peace and love and rock'n'roll ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment