Saturday, June 16, 2012

tick or treat

Often you will see women running their fingers through their locks as if to look sexy and whatnot. With me, it's a sure sign that the hunt is on for ticks! I hate hate HATE 'em and will probably end up with Lyme epizoodie or some such disease because we're infested with them. That's right even with heat and humidity in my "why I don't love summer" book. When "they" say, in reference to the South..."it's not the heat it's the humidity" there is a lot of truth within a phrase. Ticks like that too, of course. Never mind that we have four dogs going in and out a revolving door. That couldn't have a thing to do with it right? Here's my sign. They just don't get it that because they have critters catching a ride on their backs(and faces and ears) that they need to stay out in the heat. Spoiled rotten, I say. All four of 'em sacked out on the furniture.

As luck would have it, the AC in the room where the girls are getting dressed for the wedding is on the fritz so I hauled a fan up in there awhile ago only to find that there's no outlet in the room. Ahem. I also had to retrieve the phone battery so that I could be connected to reality for a bit and have an alarm for in the AM. Wedding is at five thirty and they're all surprisingly calm so far. BG said she herself tuned up at the rehearsal, but she's a real softie about stuff such as that, just like her mama.

I was pondering on the way home how one eighth of a tank of petrol was gonna' last for a week and once again found the answer in my mailbox. Thanks to my blog fairy I have a CHANCE not to go into payday with OD charges. We shall see! Stranger things have happened, ya know?

The wedding was beautiful by the way. More later^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment