Thursday, June 7, 2012

rollin' in the deep

Allrighty then. Today has been splendid in that the right tendon isn't sore to the touch, thankyouverymuch stretches and naproxen and numerous ice packs. Somehow, I think it's all related to that right sided weakness that includes "the bitch" on my shoulder blade. She jumps on touch, I swear. Sometimes all you have to do is LOOK at her! We watched a show about dogs in NYC simply because one of 'em looked just like Oscar, only with worse teeth. He got about fifteen minutes a day in a harness because they both work and there's kids and...you get the picture. The handsome trainer showed them how to handle their pet by not putting him in a protective status for one of the family members. I was amazed because we've done the same with our version of Oreo. Poor Ockie has issues from having his back carved out as a puppy. Shame on you crackheaded cousins! He still follows his mama, who calls him Scooter, when she goes for walks. He stopped short of going to the chicken store with her though. This dog knows where he's got it made, just like all the rest of the critters. Ain't no better place to live than with a middle aged smartass hippie peace freak and her spawn out in the country.


We've been hearing water running for days now, and the pressure is bad so I called my brother who called the plumber who told him to tell me to check the pump to the horse trough. Which had a busted hose. If I wasn't just a girl I'd have probably checked that a week ago, but what the hell. The whole time I was looking for the cutoff I was praying that Mr. Snake wasn't in there. I get paid tonight at midnight thanks be to BE and head into it about 200 bucks in the hole from bank charges and whatnot. BG has no job like many Americans, with 25K of federal debt on her head because she believed that she could make a difference in the lives of people who have no resources. As far as I can attest, she has done just that driving people to shop and pawn stuff and whatever it took for them to survive that day. If the banks never get a dime of her money, she's doing what she was trained to do with firm boundaries in place. Social work rocks.


Today is the first day in forever that I feel like there might be a light at the end of my tunnel, or at the very least around one of the bends. Our farmer's market opens Saturday with canoe trips on the Forked Deer which is something I never thought I'd see ya'll. Thanks be to all those who have explored the options that lie in our waterways. Long ago, that was how things moved, remember? Then came trains and oil and all that shit and the profits therein and we commenced to destroy the earth one gift at a time. Don't even get me started on OPEC. They're right up there with big box stores in my book. That's also the one who remembers what it was like to go to the dime store with greatgrandma and have a fountain coke while parakeet shopping. Baby boomers have seen a lot change in the techno world during our lifetimes, sweating our way through conversions from manual to electronic records. We know who Elvis and Hitler were, though there's really no connection other than our days of growing into adults raised by post WWII parents during a time of great social import'.

Segregation is an issue that made a huge impact on me as a young southern girl. I was raised side by side with a family that was colorless, yet the schools and government agencies and just about everybody kept them on the other side of the fence. Martin Luther King is one of my personal heroes, along with Jon Stewart and John Cusack. Let's see what kind of search THAT combo generates! Our mayor Ms. Mozella is a longtime Methodist like us, and has recently started church hopping because she doesn't like the preacher. My suspicion is that she is quietly mapping her passage to glory, just like mama and daddy. Bless my mama's heart, she just wants to make the whole thing easy and fun for everybody.

As all southern girls say when in a pinch.. "how nice"







No comments:

Post a Comment