Sunday, June 17, 2012

this one's for you

I've never had a particular paranoic personality unless you count the time prior to which I learned that co-dependency is a much most suitable name. I've known people that think when somebody's whispering, it's all about them. Anna's bacherlorette party went all up in a bar with toy balloon sculptures on their heads and this chick at the bar freaked SMOOTH out....had to leave. I mean really, I've seen all kinds of odd things in bars, not the least of which are children. And exotic birds and monkeys. The first time we went on a family Gulf coast vacation, my buddy at EMS told me to check out FloriBama. We stopped in to see what was up and found a liquor store with a big ass deck over the water. And two little girls. Exit, stage left!

Lorna and I visited yesterday and in spirit, ethereal friend was there too. Both of 'em are on missions that involve Florida and a purpose. Ethereal Friend from here on after will be ET because that's too many keystrokes. Love ya. Mean it! Let's go do the drum thing over in North Carolina. Maybe John Edwards needs a videographer? Happy trails to both of my friends on their journeys and many prayers for good karma.

A large chunk of south Dyersburg concrete has been cleared of flood debris from two years ago. That's exactly how long I've lived in a food desert with nothing closer than 10 miles by car to fresh food. I was ready to grow some shit until the whole mama drama popped up. It's never too late to plan. Our farmer's market is thriving as a marketplace and while there are kinks now and then mostly it's a fun thing to do. Music...fresh produce and an opportunity to visit with friends. There are old pals that I don't see but once a year at veggie stands. Permenter's in Finley is big and has large volumes during peak grow season. I remember the year that Kimowasi worked there and wore long sleeves in the summer heat. She quickly moved on to pizza seller. Her son Tripp is just as much of a pistol as she, much like Conner and Andrea Marie Agresta. High five to every bitch who ever got into the madness with us and laughed like a freakin' idiot. And of course that won't change now, will it? Lauren and I have watched Bridesmaids ten or more times while she's been in training. I mean, if you consider that the worst that can happen is you throw up bad TexMex all over THAT bitch's place, the rest is just details.

I laughed uncontrollably when I got back with the camera at Anna propped in a recliner with this big poofy dress up around her shoulders. Gettin' her rest on before all the smiling and whatnot. I cannot even imagine trying to walk in that bitch! Always the purposeful girl, she just forgot to pick it up while she walked. Natalie was beautiful and let her sit on the steps and play with the silk petals. There were Hispanic Chicago family members who see each other MAYBE once a year. All their parents were there which was a miracle, if you know what I mean. What really struck me was the bubble blowing after as they exited the church. It was hot as hades out there on Christie street and those bubbles hit the rays of the sun in just such a way that seemed magical and a promise from Big Ernie. And all of this with a good old fashioned southern blessing. You can't beat that with a stick ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment