Monday, June 11, 2012

blogging by candlelight

Actually, that's not possible unless you have a wireless device which I certainly do not. We lost power around 3PM when this big old honkin' thunderstorm moved across the river with very high winds. There I sat with no phone (BG has it today) and no electricity to tell me when the tornado was gonna hit so I did what any rational smartass redneck gal would do....lit a candle and balanced my checkbook. Well, kinda sorta. At least I know where I am even if it's not such a good place. Beats the hell out of denial, ya know?

My friend and I went to the nursing home today to visit a lady who claimed us long ago as her "favorites" in the healthcare profession. He picked up a flower in the gift shop for her, and hid it behind his back the whole way over. Her little British face glowed when he showed up and shared tales about his daughter who is a lawyer over there...a solicitor I believe. She's just a couple of years older than BG but has had a different life. Daddies and daughters can be funny, as I know very well. Sometimes it's easier just to throw money at it and try to meet in the middle.

Meanwhile, the power went out twice because evidently global warming is real and Big Ernie is stirring up the weather because she's mad as hell. Dyersburg Electric just spent about four hours with chain saws and bucket trucks clearing out Pecan Lane. Those ancient pecan limbs will drop off in a heartbeat, if you know what I mean. BG got stuck out in the monsoon in the Neon which is never a good thing. That car got her an education in social work and it's still runnnin', praise BE! I've been running around barefoot in the dark mopping up the floor with my feet and moving furniture to and fro. If it's the last thing I do, these 10K floors will be clean before we leave.

Take that to the bank ^j^

1 comment: