Monday, June 4, 2012

against all odds

We are so accustomed to bad luck that I was quite pleasantly surprised to find that I hadn't been "unplugged" when I got home from the sawmill today. I suppose that means I am to taptaptap for one more post before they cut me off. This morning I found BG's phone in a puddle of water left behind by my discarded ice pack so I quickly took it apart to dry. Don't know yet if that worked but we shall see. A book that I ordered not too long ago came in the mail, a guide to writing and publishing magazine articles and short stories which is something I think I could manage with a minimum of stress. There is something about the word "book" that just makes me want to crawl in a hole and hibernate because it seems such a massive feat from where I sit. I told a friend yesterday that I feel like the book itself is already written, it just needs to be pulled together. We text in code: me telling her don't call HIM, and she telling me simply "book." Last night BG and I were happily singing along with Adele and Matt Lauer, anxiously waiting for "Rolling in the Deep" when the damn weatherman cut in to warn us of tornadoes on the way. How dare you Tim VanHorn! Anywho...we missed our song but also got lucky on the weather so there you go. Mysterious ways, and all that. I got summoned to the front desk this afternoon which normally means a drug screen or something but instead I found my co-worker from EMS relaying a message from my favorite patient Ms. Olive that she was in house and wanted a kiss. Needless to say I wasted no time scurrying around to give her some hugs and stuff. She is absolutely precious, and knew to the day how long it's been since a cig and a beer. Her potty mouth is one of her most endearing traits, as well as the fact that she adores me and one other laboratory person who is the pathologist that stuck a needle in her backside ten years ago. That is when we first met, and she still says I'm her "favorite nurse". I don't bother to explain that I'm not a nurse because, what the hell. Everybody else thinks that EVERYBODY who works in healthcare is a nurse. My calendar is filled with appointments, most of which aren't mine of course. There's a joint visit to the old people's doc for the grands next week as well as one for me and my FNP who tries to keep the old BP and nerves under control. So far, it's day by day. The BP med that she changed me to worked like a charm but costs 50 bucks so that's not an option. We've gotta find something on that cheap list! It's so pathetic that someone with good insurance who works in the field still has to hunt and peck for cost effective cheap medicines. Very disheartening when I see that premium coming out every check and can't afford co-pays. On the flip side of that, my bossfriend's husband is alive today ONLY because he had that same insurance to pay for his treatment with a recently diagnosed autoimmune disorder. Otherwise, the dogs are eating more and more and learning to get along with Ryder in the mix. She needs shots ($175 over the next 12 weeks) and definitely a spay which will be out the roof but is better than more puppies. It's so special to watch she and Faith bond as mother and daughter. I sold the JT tickets to a lovely couple whom I know will enjoy every minute of it. That makes me smile, picturing them on Mud Island singing along with Sweet Baby James. The last wave of grief seems to have subsided for now and I'm eternally grateful for that because it just hurts like hell to be down in that hole without a shovel. The interest alone on my debt to the loan sharks is 180 bucks a month, which is a bunch of crap but something that many people depend on to survive when disaster hits. Which seems to be fairly often around here! This too shall pass. As always, we are leaving room for the spirit to work. BG is out job hunting today following a departure from something that was simply "a job" that she did very well and got thrown under the bus over...one more time. There is a devil lurking up in that situation so I'm glad she's outta there. With thunderstorms comes humidity and it is out the wazoo today brothers and sisters. I've been fantasizing lately about beach and surf which means it's way past time for a visit. Maybe later, ya know? Happy Monday...slap it on the ass on its' way out ^j^

1 comment:

  1. BOOK !


    LOL< there, I'm joining your texting friend too. I even offered to pull it together if I could.

    Hugs and prayers as always, love ya, mean it.

    ReplyDelete