Wednesday, June 20, 2012

170/90

That's what my BP was today at the nurse practitioner's office. Holy.Moly. Last time I was there, she put me on a med that worked like a charm but costs 50 bucks a month GENERIC. Needless to say, that's not in the budget, so I've been going without. Much to my surprise I found that what I've been taking all these years prior to switching to her is nothing more than a diuretic which doesn't do much for the primary cause of the hypertension. Bless her heart, she works with me on what's affordable and we're trying samples of something else to see if it works as well, then go from there for possible free or reduced price scripts from the manufacturer. She also tweaked the SRUI and added something that works with it to help me keep my sanity. Which ain't easy! All this time I've been thinking that mom's date with the cardiologist was at 1PM today and we showed up right on time, only to be told it was at 2. Reschedule, please. Then to the beauty shop for her weekly do and BG is picking her up on the return side. I'm just sittin' here trying to decompress and let the old BP settle down.

It's my third day off and I haven't been still much at all, or even cleaned. Mostly I've just darted from here to there trying to, if not stay ahead, at least not chase my tail. I stopped to visit Yaya on the way home and she had the same look as me...deer in the headlights overload. Yesterday I visited with my oldest friend from church nursery days and we got caught up on each others' lives. As a funeral director/hospital peeps combo we can have some pretty damn interesting conversations! Mostly we just talk about who's doing who and how the babies are. Her eldest daughter joined us for bacon sandwiches and it was just like old home week. Then I headed to GiGis pool to cool off and catch up with her.

Meanwhile back on the hill, the dirty dishes are stacked sky high and the floors are a mess. Farm equipment is moving here and there hauling the bales of hay that were cut from the edges of the fields. Very wise use of the land, by the way. I stopped by the ruins of the Plaza food store the other day and got some heirloom glass blocks and yellow brick that will be used in gifts featuring that historic building. It's one of the steps I'm taking to make positives out of negatives like the flood that destroyed that section of town. Karma is a powerful thang, dontcha know?



No comments:

Post a Comment