Monday, December 12, 2011

virgin faith

Our beautiful brown chocolate lab has periods just like all girls will, usually all over the floor and whatnot. We understand and follow her patiently...cleaning up the proof of her femalehood! She has never had puppies, though I suspect she had a mighty fine time with that big red dog she managed got hung up with. In all my life I've never had an experience like trying to get that shit unglued. NOTHING helped. She was just looking at me with big sad eyes like "Really, Mom?"

The tragedy that has hung in our local air since Halloween is one step closer to being explained with the discovery of a body out by the cross on the bluff, quite close to where Karen disappeared mysteriously. Her family includes four children. There will be no peace for them for many years. I have kept up with the case in Connecticut where the doctor's wife and daughters were assaulted and killed. When I look at his face in court I can see the pain etched there...everything that he loved was taken away by people who don't care about the value of human life. I still remain opposed to the death penalty, because frankly...I think that's too good for some folks. Let 'em rot in the jail if they won't rehab. There comes a point in every addict's life when he or she decides whether or not the devil will win. There will be battles after that, but they can be dealt with effectively by talking with friends and taking the "happy pills" that are cheap and effectively manage berserk serotonin levels in this crazy world. In other words: Get a life.

Looks like we have a guest on the couch tonight so I'd best be getting my smartass in gear with the cleaning. I was up early enough to catch today's sunrise and my mouth fell open as I ran for the camera and watched it come up over that ancient barn. Pride has been out grazing for 24 hours now and shows no signs of runnin' off anytime soon. If he makes it to the by-pass we're all in trouble! He'll come in a hurry when I rattle the feed bag. Just like kids, they are.

Two days off with a light agenda makes Poopie a happy girl. Let's hold that thought, ya'll. As my little buddy Tripp says "Happy birthday Jesus!"

^j^

2 comments:

  1. The trail of life continues meandering along, one day at a time, each one chapter of the book you're gonna grace us with ;0

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one brought my spirits up.

    Hugs and prayers

    ReplyDelete