Saturday, December 24, 2011

believe

If I was a redneck, which is always a distinct possibility around these parts, I'd holler out "hold my beer and watch this!". I managed to get to the sawmill on time today after taking an extra thirty minute snooze on day 4 of countdown to Christmas day off. We had THE best time with the Krouser who is always great fun to shoot the shit with. As we sat there and remembered days gone by of working together with people whose names we can't even remember now, I felt at home for Christmas. Only your co-workers can get it when you mention somebody's most famous career moment. Per normal for a holiday, the ER was busy with really sick people, not just the ones who have a little ache or pain. The urgent care clinic is closed so there 'ya go.

I eased up to the mailbox, not sure if USPS even delivers on Saturday anymore and found an envelope with delivery confirmation on it. My first thought was "Damn! The dentist or the propane guy or the hand surgeon is taking me to court." I mean I always expect the worst and give a sigh of relief if there's no legal stuff in the box. Navigating the driveway around here almost requires an ATV out back and to the south side so I splashed on through the mud with dogs chasing, happy to be home. BG and I met in the kitchen and I proceeded to sort out the mail. She asked me what that thing was with the bow on front, and I ripped it open. Inside was a money order from someone who reads my ramblings and shares some of my beliefs. At first I thought it said 100 but I was all like "Who sent this?" Then I noticed the zeroes and I about fainted.

I will not divulge the amount, but suffice it say that the propane guy will be very happy and so will everybody else. BG is presently grocery shopping for the first time in forever for our household, and we have a few bucks to get clearance deals on clothes next week. I remember when the Nigerian conman sent me those shoes and electronics for shipment from my place to his and I turned it all over to homeland security. My friend the count told me when I sent it all back that I was due some serious good karma. And by golly...he was right.

I may even leave Santa some cookies and milk tonight ^j^

1 comment:

  1. Karma; it makes the world go 'round. And who doesn't believe in Christmas miracles?
    God bless and Merry Christmas Janie.

    ReplyDelete