Friday, December 23, 2011

little miracles

Seems like I mentioned some time ago about my friend whose husband and child were badly burned in a fire. It's been a very long road from Finley to Memphis and Cincinnati over the past month. She spent most of her time by Tripp's side while Delmer was treated for burns that eventually took his young life. I did not know him at all, but I knew Hannah from our work together and she is one of the brightest and most caring nurses I have ever known. You have to be to work in the public health sector like she does now! In my wildest dreams I can't imagine trying to feel blessed in the middle of such a tragedy, but I pray that for her because she's the real deal. When she mentioned that her father was single I asked about his "status" and she told me to look elsewhere. Now that's a great friend. I love you girl and this too shall pass. Keep the faith ^j^

A new and quite intelligent earth mother friend came by for a visit yesterday and we moved from room to room trying to find the warm spot as we talked about this and that and nothing at all. A few years older and wiser, she got in the family way during high school and they wouldn't even let her finish learning and challenged her GED. That's a southern redneck mentality if I ever saw one. She now teaches organic gardening to at-risk women who have children to feed. Big Ernie fixed that little random thing because we've lived 40 miles apart all our lives and never once met until my ethereal friend came back into the picture. Sweet bebe jeebus, I love it when that happens.

Today is number five of five with one off before heading back into the fray towards 2012. The heat is on ( for a change ) and the horse is still somewhere out of the fence unless he's in the mood for a barn nap. My brother called yesterday to tell me that he was laying down in the front yard. I reckon he's enjoying his golden years. I know that Faith is. I will sleep well on Christmas eve waiting for Santa knowing that the evil ones on the payroll tax got spanked. Like my daddy says "Janie, it has always been thus and so."

Merry Christmas all ya'll ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment