Saturday, December 17, 2011

deck the halls

A good 12 hour nap is all it took to make things look a bit brighter..along with the sun that is currently burning off a heavy fog. For an hour or so, I couldn't even spot the horse lurking around but now he's up next to the front porch, probably looking for some kind of food. Good luck on that buddy..even the birds are hungry around here!

Still watching, listening and shaking head in disgust as Congress messes us around one more time. Get over the pipelines and entitlements, ya'll. We are about to go belly up in a world market where there are others much worse off than us. Everyone is searching for answers from the far left to the uber-right. We elected you as a PERSON with personal conviction, not a recipient of the corporate money that lobbyists throw around so freely. Both parties do it to excess, and that can only mean one thing: Somebody owes somebody something in return.

Along with the fog, an uneasiness lies wrapped around our community as we pull together for those who are fighting what seemed to be impossible odds. My friend Hannah has kept the roads hot for a month now, traveling to see her hubby and young son who were injured in a house fire. She is a nurse, and a damn good one. High five to the McNeil family! Another friend is graduating from college today at the "big house" AKA FedEx forum. I have known Meredith since her bartending days at my brother's nightclub. Her sister and I worked weekends together and I watched as all of their girls grew from babies to young ladies with attitude like their mamas. Strong women rock...hat tip to you Meredith!!

Still no word on the cause of death for Karen Swift. It is a very tight leak free investigation, and I admire that. At times like this, there is a big temptation to repeat the same news over and over and keep the mystery alive. Nancy Grace has even gotten a'hold of it to squawk over. It is a tragedy in and of itself, and there will be no justice for those kids no matter what happened. As my therapist would say "here's the thing...."

I am remembering back to a couple of Christmas seasons where all I wanted was for my BG to be okay and safe at home. One of those was just last year. We have had many tumultuous times since then, and learned to look each other in the eye with the truth...sometimes laughing and other times just hugging as we sob for what was and can't be undone. This is the best gift I have received since her birth. Love ya..mean it.

I am listening to Christmas music, Spotify style and closing my eyes as Michael W. Smith's "All is Well" fills me with the spirit. Next up, Kathy Mattea...

Merry Christmas all ya'll ^j^

1 comment:

  1. My all time favorite carol for the last few years has been Old Toy Trains done by Toby Keith. I croon that one to Kyle.

    Sad to think of someone missing their loved ones at this time of year.

    Hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete