Sunday, December 25, 2011

following that star

It always amazes me how long it took the wise men to get over to where the baby was born, but then camels are slow as molasses. We gathered as a family at my parents' house today and cooked up a wonderful brunch while they were at church. We had the kind of ham that Paula Deen likes all hand cut and fried up on mama's griddle next to some country sausage that he and his buddies made. Cheese grits, scrambled eggs and biscuits rounded it out. Oh, and muskedine jelly. I watched sadly as my father ate one thing at a time until it was all gone, his OCD being to the point that everything is rote. Mama was just tickled that we were there instead of at the doughnut place :)

BG and I discussed who might need some help since we were so blessed and it only took about 30 seconds to figure out which friend needed a hand. She came in late, after I was asleep and told me merry christmas for the hundredth time as she kissed me goodnight. This morning on the way to find an iced coffee, she happened upon a comical sight when a kid in swimming trunks ran out into the street chasing three cats who had JUST HAD BATHs! The mama didn't even know he was gone, and her parting words to BG were "What was I thinking?" Indeed, sista'.

I have been given an opportunity to get my house somewhat in order so as to not have to worry about bi-weekly loan shark visits. That will happen on time and never again. God bless the propane guy, he's next. I can only count it as one MORE blessing that the temps are running in the fifties here. I'm all about saving energy and the more the cost rises, the more I look toward natural sources. To hell with a bunch of foreign oil! We don't cook much anymore because it's too much trouble to wash, and easier to snack. That saves on the grocery bill. Cheese, eggs, crackers and turkey, and I'm all set!

Bubba gifted me with a big bottle of yellow tail and my very first scratch off tickets. I won a free ticket...go figure! Like I said before...gambling ain't my thang. There's enough sunlight left to walk the yard and build a fire so that's a distinct possibility. Nothing like a yule log. I'm just sayin'

Merry Christmas ya'll!

2 comments: