Monday, May 2, 2011

voices of reason

I totally believe that Big Ernie sends angels in people's souls to minister to others according to what's up at any given moment. Right now I am wrestling with all the emotions that come along with caring for and saying goodbye to elderly parents whom I love dearly. One of mama's friends from the newspaper days called me today to ask if she had an audio book of a certain title. She said she thinks she'll like. She went on to threaten to kick my ass if I don't do something with what I've already done over 7 years as a blogger and photographer. Ahem. I guess I got that! She's married to a local cop who is an old friend of my brother from his tenure at the PD. Gotta love that kind of karma, right Linda?

I'm sick.again.Meh. It has rained all frickin' day adding insult to injury with all these swollen rivers. There's a good chance that by Wednesday it will all be over but the cresting so we'll see how that goes. We've been watching the entrance to our lane which is one of the low spots across the road from the water. All the ditches are full and it's STILL pouring. If I have to walk through the mud to get to work tomorrow I'm gonna be super pissed. Really.

The first thing I saw on TV this morning was the big announcement from Manhattan. The more I thought about it, the madder I got. The wars that we are currently in are not against individuals who contain all the evil. To me, it's like with Sadaam....the politicians think that handing up a trophy will get America to buy back into this big fairy tale where China owns us. That ain't gonna happen ya'll. Not with this current generation at the helm. The business of war has always provided riches for those who had access to materials. Back during WWI this farm was bought by a man who earned a fortune selling army rain gear. He turned into a giant showplace of a farm and even had catalogs for the chickens that were shipped from here. Thus, the huge barn and silos. Daddy told me that Son Johnson helped to build it in 1921 and said he got too scared by the time it was finished to work. Had to stay around the bottom. Both of my brothers have climbed them...as well as BG and several of her friends. And of course some kind soul climbed onto the tin roof to spray paint "bitch" all over it. Hmph.

Anywho, I don't want to dwell on the Osama thing but it's over and let's let that greedy money mongering mentality that Wall Street so embraces die just like all of those poor people did that day. As for me, I took it as a sign from BE that he (or she) ain't happy with us and our values one bit. At a time when we should be helping people who are suffering from natural disasters in THIS country, we are pouring more money into other countries and fighting their battles. Funny money...but money just the same. We pay taxes for that, remember? Speaking of rich, I'm so glad the royals are hitched I could just bust a gut. One more day of that hype would have sent me to bed for a long time.

Here's my solution, and I have to dedicate it to Miss Doris who first penned the epic "how to get the jihadists crazy" She proposed that we put together the worst group of sopranos around and torture them with arias. Hey..it could work. Then, we quit buying internationally (thank you NAFTA) and grow/make/sell to our neighbors on a local level. Farmer's markets everywhere do that, and look for ways to enhance the natural resources of the surrounding areas. Ours is beautiful, and the Forked Deer is damn close to it! Some kids on a mission went to work on the trail Saturday and couldn't find it.

Hey....China will get over it because they get to sell us high priced electronics again, right? That, my friends, is where we make up the national debt to them! Genius, huh? Ya'll can write me in anytime. I admire people like Ralph Nader who kept running just because even though he didn't had a snowball's chance in hell considering all the money involved in a presidential election. If you don't make a big mark while in office, in a kinda sorta positive way...you're just a part of history that everybody looks at as like "oh yeah, remember him and what he got nailed for by the opposing party?" Enough already.

That's my rant for the month and I'll return to regular smartass programming whenever I feel like it. I'm telling ya...don't piss me off.

1 comment:

  1. I figure the man had it coming. I also figure doing evil in the name of good is gonna cost us; it always does.

    ReplyDelete