Tuesday, May 10, 2011

okay, then

That's what the author of one of my first "favorite" blogs says for most every occasion where words just can't seem to explain it. That, of course, would be the world famous Randy Neal in East Tennessee. He's a democrat, a UT fan and a real smartass like myself. Poor dude got "outed" and lost his job somewhere along the way but he bounced back quick. It was through HIM that I met the smartass photographer with whom he grew up. Fletch was his name. A real snob of a artist, if you know what i mean. He lived in the Smokey mountains for a long time and then moved to Florida, I guess so he could take wave and bird pics. Haven't heard from him in years. Grumpy old man.

I woke to a frantic call from my mama that daddy was trying to leave the hospital AMA so I ran out to see what was up. Of course, he couldn't get far, but with that stubborn streak of his and feeling a little bit better...who knows! I asked the nurse to request something for his "agitation" and she quietly agreed that it would make the world easier for everybody. When I left him, the aide who has been there as long as me was gettin' stern with him and about to do a bath. She definitely won't take any of his crap! Mom decided to stay at home today since her presence seems to suggest the idea "it's time to go home" which is not an option. BG got lucky on day two of new job as it was camo day and she had spent the night with Mr. Ducks Unlimited himself. She will be staying with mama the rest of the week while we're in transition.

There is still water every freakin' where you look around these parts, but the big wave is headed south to the delta. It will be months before things return to "normal" and as my friend the canoe guy pointed out in his update, the landscape will be different once the water is gone as in new sand bars and lucious growth of vegetation where the water stood. I prefer to think of the great flood in that way....as an opportunity for growth, while still realizing the grief involved for families who have lost their homes. Sometimes you have to make a mess to clean one up.

The laryngitis lingers...going on one week now, but it seems a wee bit better. If I could keep my butt parked on the couch watching Rachel Ray and Chelsea instead of running interference at the hospital it might make for a speedier recovery. I'm off all week on sick leave and have been there three days straight with daddy. We decided today that it's best just to let him snooze and "wait for the news" which is all he ever does anyway. Mom is adapting well to being semi-alone with Ms. Faye and BG doing staggered shifts of hanging out and helping. It's a good time for all of us to take a break and re-group.

The dogs are keeping me company as always, snoozing and snacking and curling by my side. They do so love their mama! In a scene that reminded me of "Home Alone". Faith has been visiting with the goats and donkey and should return today. Maybe there's a rainbow out there somewhere in the 'hood.

Love ya...mean it.

2 comments:

  1. You home sick ... might be time to work on that book ;)
    Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Drew said....... and again...
    Hugs and prayers

    ReplyDelete