Friday, May 27, 2011

live and learn

At some point I will understand that freeware isn't really free when they take you hostage and eff up your FB and blogging experiences. There's been a whole lot of shit crap on my my mind lately and I've been forced to hold it all in while considering how to kick a ten year old Dell in the ass and save a little bit of memory. I think I've gotten my money's worth out of it, even considering their intensive collection activity when I couldn't afford to pay. When this one dies, the hard drive will go in the story box along with the last one. For that? I thank you Michael in upstate New York. And the horse you rode in on.

For today, I'm just incredibly thankful not to be the coroner in Joplin MO, using DNA testing and dental records to identify remains from the "tragic tornado" as the MSM calls it. Browkaw is trying his best to put a happy face on the long Memorial Day weekend while the rest of us deal with the grim reality of six weeks of wild and crazy weather in the mid-south. Fortunately, we dodged a bullet on Wednesday when our Torcon was 9 and everybody was freaked the f**k out about what if. My parents lost their power before the storm ever hit, so guess who hauled them up the hill so daddy could watch TV. Three guesses...first one doesn't count. He tried to bring his pee jug with him but I drew the line. I knew in my heart he'd be back home before bedtime.

There was a rainbow that evening, after the storm passed as the sun was setting. They always amaze me, and give me hope that the promise is real. It's one of those things that I will always stop and notice, and say amen to. It was a very appropriate message considering the wrath of mother nature lately. I will never forget the day that a tornado slammed into the UMC in Piedmont AL where Reverand Kelly Clem was the pastor. Her four year old daughter Hannah was killed when the church crumbled around them during a Holy Week service. That my friends, takes a lot of faith to get through to the other side where you believe that it all happens for a reason.

Enjoy your three day weekend and please stay out of the ER. If I have to work on a holiday, I'd prefer that it not be real busy.

^j^

2 comments:

  1. We got hammered this time, but no tornado - at least none CONFIRMED, but good golly, it got a bit interesting around here last night.
    Keep the faith Miss Janie, we're all right here with ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather here has not been so "bad", just about 5 degrees Celsius colder than normal and extra rainy. Hoping you have an easy weekend.

    ReplyDelete