Tuesday, January 19, 2010

visions

Every day is an opportunity, so to speak. Mom and I took a road trip today for a visit with an eye doctor and some exploration with visual aids at a non-profit occupational rehab facility. The doctor comes once a week from Memphis to Jackson and sees patients in two hour sessions that involve eye charts, lots of glasses and big screen readers with trays and cameras. And the best thing of all? A grant from stimulus funding paid for the entire thing. It's a special program that provides funding for legally blind individuals over the age of 55. Which I will be this September. Lord...is that a reality check or what?! We had a quick lunch after locating the place, and managed to get there right on time. For two hours, I watched social work in action with several agencies operating in one facility to provide services to their clients. Very smooth operation. The support staff have been attentive and available during the scheduling process. It gives me hope that perhaps some of the money that our government is spending now is going to "pay it forward" to those in need.

Tomorrow is hairdo day finally and I'm ready. Nothing says change of mood better than a new look, even if the color is still mousy brown with gray highlights when it's all over. I get to see two of my favorite people in the process so it's a win-win. This morning's dentist's visit was a washout with a treatment plan that includes a bridge for three front teeth. Oh! Yay! There goes the new TV money :(

Daisy is back in jail the crate again because she chewed up a screwdriver and ran away three times. I think I'll let her bark it out on her own. Treats will be reserved for good doggies.

^j^


3 comments: